At its March meeting, the IBAS board of directors approved the creation of a special Extended Auto Advisory Committee to inform and guide the association’s services and advocacy activities related to the future of extended auto insurance in Saskatchewan.
Specifically, the committee will be tasked with providing recommendations on policy positions directly related to:
- Increasing the uptake of Saskatchewan drivers with liability coverage greater than $200,000;
- Deductibles, liability limits, coverages, and transaction processes of basic plate insurance;
- The establishment of ‘ideal’ benchmarks and standards for automotive insurance coverage; and
- The availability and adequacy of extended auto coverages.
The committee will also be asked to help steer the direction of other IBAS initiatives to support the advancement of the association’s policy positions, including but not limited to:
- Technology tools and partnerships;
- Public and industry promotion;
- Communications; and
We are still looking for 3-5 additional brokers to volunteer to join this important committee. At least two individuals must be from outside Regina and Saskatchewan. For more information, or to express interest, please contact IBAS CEO Derek Lothian at email@example.com.