Founded in 1952, the Insurance Brokers Association of Saskatchewan (IBAS) is a voluntary, membership-based organization, comprised of more than 95% of the independent insurance brokers across the province. As a registered not-for-profit entity, IBAS represents the interests of both its members and consumers to government, the industry at-large, and the general public.
Ensuring consumer confidence and choice in the marketplace by supporting our insurance broker members.
IBAS is a valued partner in shaping Saskatchewan’s insurance marketplace and ensuring insurance brokers are a trusted choice for informed consumers.
IBAS promotes industry-best standards of service and training to ensure consumers benefit from the highest-possible levels of professional knowledge and ethical representation. In doing so, we seek to ensure:
- A fair and competitive marketplace;
- Well-informed and confident consumers;
- Trusting relationships with our industry stakeholders; and
- Support that aligns with our members’ evolving needs.
In 2017, IBAS released its Strategy 2020 framework, which set out the association’s strategic priorities to guide decision-making and investment allocation through the end of the decade. Specifically, the board of directors identified three primary themes, with additional underlying sub-themes:
1. Advocate for our members
- Be the unifying voice for brokers in Saskatchewan;
- Strengthen industry relationships;
- Strengthen political relationships; and
- Earn consumer confidence in the broker channel.
2. Educate and inform our members
- Provide high-quality professional development, continuing education, and licensing education; and
- Inform and engage our members in critical industry issues and opportunities.
3. Provide valued services to members
- Understand our members’ unique needs and expectations; and
- Provide services that enhance broker value to consumers.