Founded in 2003, the Saskatchewan Young Brokers Network (YBN) is an entity created by and under the oversight of the Insurance Brokers Association of Saskatchewan (IBAS), mandated to promote career pathways in the insurance brokerage industry, as well as quality professional development and networking opportunities for licensed Saskatchewan brokers under the age of 40. Click here for the YBN’s Terms of Reference.
YBN Executive Committee
The YBN Executive Committee is comprised of YBN members committed to enhancing the group’s value proposition. The current committee includes:
- Alyssa Taksas, Cherry Insurance (YBN Chair)
- Reece Ricard, Kelly Insurance Brokers (YBN Vice Chair)
- Jaycee Turtle, Lakeview Insurance Group (IBAS Board Liaison)
- Catherine Schraeder, Butler Byers Insurance
- Chris Block, Block’s Agencies
- Kaelah Gratton, North Battleford Agencies
- Keely Banin, Knight Archer Insurance
- Jenna Dusyk, Dusyk & Barlow Insurance Brokers
- Justin Kozakevich, Trustmark Insurance Brokers
- Ryan Kennedy, Cornerstone Insurance
- Tiffany Tower, Harvard Western Insurance
Join the YBN
You are invited to join the YBN if you are:
- A licensed general insurance broker;
- Employed by an IBAS brokerage member; and
- Under the age of 40.
Click here to join the YBN today!
‘Ending Hunger Games’ Corporate Challenge
YBN hosted their 2nd annual ‘Ending Hunger Games’ Corporate Challenge on September 14, 2018, in Regina. More than $2,500 was raised for the Regina Food Bank.
Past charitable beneficiaries of YBN activities include the Saskatoon Food Bank, the MS Society, and KidSport Saskatchewan.
Dates to Remember
- November 28: YBN Christmas Mixer (Regina & Saskatoon)
- December 11: YBN Planning Meeting (Saskatoon)
The YBN Mentorship Program allows members to utilize the knowledge within our group to foster career growth and increase confidence.