IBAS established the Saskatchewan Young Brokers Network (YBN) in 2003 to better connect insurance brokers under the age of 40 within the industry. The YBN has evolved into an energetic group that promotes the brokerage industry as a rewarding career path for young people by offering networking and educational experiences throughout the year.
YBN Executive Committee
The YBN Executive Committee is comprised of YBN members committed to enhancing the group’s value proposition. The current committee includes:
- Alyssa Taksas, CAIB, Cherry Insurance (YBN President)
- Jaycee Turtle, CAIB, Lakeview Insurance (YBN Vice President)
- Jenna Dusyk, CAIB, Dusyk & Barlow Insurance Brokers (YBN Secretary)
- Reece Ricard, Kelly Insurance Brokers (YBN Media Rep)
- Kaelah Gratton, North Battleford Agencies
- Justin Kozakevich, CAIB, Mark’s Agency (1981) Ltd.
- Catherine Schraeder, CAIB, Butler Byers Insurance
- Tessa Silversides, CAIB, Dusyk & Barlow Insurance Brokers
Join the YBN
You are invited to join the YBN if you are:
- A licensed general insurance broker;
- Employed by an IBAS brokerage member; and
- Under the age of 40
Click here to join the YBN today!
YBN hosts an Education Day every year for YBN and other IBAS members. The 2018 YBN Education Day was held in Saskatoon on February 13, 2018.
‘Ending Hunger Games’ Corporate Challenge
YBN is hosting their 2nd annual ‘Ending Hunger Games’ Corporate Challenge. The 2018 YBN Corporate Challenge will be held in Regina on September 14, 2018, with proceeds going to the Regina Food Bank. For registration and other details, please click here! Past charitable beneficiaries of YBN activities include the Saskatoon Food Bank, the MS Society, and KidSport Saskatchewan.
Dates to Remember
- August 20-24: SGI CANADA Commercial Broker Academy (Moose Jaw)
- September 14: YBN’Ending Hunger Games’ Corporate Challenge (Regina)
- October 11-12: 2018 IBAS Convention (Regina)
- November 28: YBN Christmas Mixer (Regina & Saskatoon)
- December 11: YBN Planning Meeting (Saskatoon)
The YBN Mentorship Program allows members to utilize the knowledge within our group to foster career growth and increase confidence.