The #BrokersCare Campaign is an annual initiative of the Insurance Brokers Association of Saskatchewan (IBAS), administered with the sole purpose of empowering the 240-plus communities across the province in which our members live and work.
Through the generous contributions of our member brokerages and industry partners, the campaign raises funds and awareness for one designated cause each year. Past benefactors include STARS air ambulance in 2020 ($52,500) and 18 different Saskatchewan-based organizations advancing grassroots mental health projects throughout 2021 ($77,353).
The 2022 #BrokersCare Campaign will focus entirely on supporting the wellness of our province’s most precious and vulnerable population: children. Throughout the year, we will be carefully selecting and investing 100% of all generated funds in causes that align with at least one of four priority areas:
- Responding to the youth mental health crisis;
- Enhancing equitable access to children’s learning and development opportunities;
- Providing comfort, care, and hope to sick kids; and
- Eliminating food insecurity for at-risk youth.
IBAS is excited to be partnering once again with Saskatchewan-based apparel company Prairie Proud to create specially-designed t-shirts in support of the 2022 #BrokersCare Campaign for Kids. Our goal is to raise $22,000 in t-shirt funds between now and the end of the year. The cost is $34.99 (plus tax) per shirt and includes shipping anywhere in Canada!
The 2022 #BrokersCare campaign all about responding to community need. Therefore, our funding criteria is deliberately designed to be as flexible as possible, while ensuring maximum impact and remaining responsible stewards of our members’ and partners’ contributions.
Recipients of #BrokersCare funding may include not-for-profit organizations, registered charities, schools, or other community-based initiatives and partnerships. To be considered, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (with #BrokersCare Application as the subject line) outlining the following:
- The type of organization or entity applying for funding;
- Your role as the contact on behalf of the applicant;
- The amount of the funding requested;
- Specific details on when, where, and how the funding will be used;
- How the funding request aligns to at least one of the four designated priority focus areas (be sure to include as many as you feel you touch upon);
- The expected impact or outcome; and
- Any other relevant background or information.
Due to the significant volume of funding requests received, we may only be able to respond to those under active consideration. Please note that funding requests will be evaluated based on the following prioritization:
- Shortest turnaround: Funding requests under $2,500;
- Median turnaround: Funding requests between $2,500 – $4,999; and
- Longest turnaround: Funding requests between $5,000 – $10,000.
Funding will be distributed as money is raised throughout the campaign. Requests may be made between April 1 – November 30, 2022.
2022 Funding Recipients
As of May 20, a total of $8,140 in funding has been committed to the following organizations and projects:
For more information, please contact IBAS Manager of Community Engagement, Kyle Halvorson, at email@example.com.
A special thank you to our returning campaign title partner for 2022, Wawanesa Insurance, as well as to the IBAS Emerging Brokers Council, which serves as the campaign organizing committee.