Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker Program
Increase your business competence, confidence and credibility as an insurance professional with the Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker program.
To establish yourself as a trusted insurance advisor, you need to have in-depth knowledge and understanding of all aspects of property and casualty insurance. You need the CAIB program. You will immerse yourself in the study of Personal Lines, Commercial Lines and Brokerage Management. Each course in this four-course program culminates in a national examination. Upon successful completion, eligible candidates are awarded the nationally recognized professional designation CAIB.
The pass mark required for each examination is 60%. Upon successful completion of the four examinations, eligible candidates are awarded the nationally recognized professional designation “CAIB”. All new CAIB designates are recognized in the Regina Leader Post and Saskatoon Star Phoenix. They are awarded their CAIB diploma and lapel pin at the annual IBAS Convention.
Non-members who complete the CAIB program receive a certificate of completion. However, a licensed non-member who works for a brokerage that would otherwise be eligible for IBAS membership, and who is neither a principal nor a shareholder in that brokerage may apply for an annual associate membership with IBAS in order to use the CAIB designation.
- Introduction to General Insurance
- Habitational Insurance
- Personal Liability Insurance
- Farm Insurance
- Basic Personal Auto Insurance
- Building Professionalism – Emphasis on Service
- Travel Insurance
- Introduction to Commercial Property
- Commercial Property Insurance – Policy Forms
- Commercial Property Insurance – Additional Coverage Forms
- Commercial Property Insurance – Miscellaneous Property Forms
- Crime Insurance
- Business Interruption Insurance
- Commercial General Liability – A Legal Perspective
- Commercial General Liability Insurance Policy
- Commercial Automobile Exposure
- Ocean Marine and Aviation Insurance
- Surety Bonds
- Risk Management
- Human Resources
- Broker/Insurance Company Relations
- Building Long-Term Relationships
- Financial Management
Students receive a textbook, study guide, practice exam and marking guide. Students can register for this method of self-study at any time of the year. Once the student feels ready to write the exam they can register via paper exams or online exams.
A week-long immersion course is offered annually for each CAIB course where you will participate in intensive exercises and discussions. A final exam is held on the last day of the immersion class. Two CAIB 1 immersion courses are held each year; one in the fall and one in the spring. One course for each of CAIB 2, CAIB 3 and CAIB 4 will be held every year.
CAIB Online Tutorials
All registered CAIB students have access to online tutorials. The enhanced learning features of the online courses include:
- Complete multimedia lectures that you can access as often as you wish.
- Interaction with the multimedia presentations.
- Downloadable PowerPoint’s for easy note taking and better retention of the course content.
- Progress quizzes with remedial feedback to consolidate your comprehension.
Students can purchase an online tutorial for $99 ($49 for members). Once the course has been activated, the student has 12 weeks of unlimited access.
Click here to access CAIB Online Tutorials.
Please CLICK HERE for our CAIB and other IBAS Education registration forms.
Questions? Please contact the IBAS Education Department by email or call 306-525-5900.