Today’s students are acquiring skills and knowledge in ways that their predecessors never dreamed of. Technology is increasingly playing a big part in helping students learn – with tools that recognize and support their individual needs and preferences.
IBAS, in partnership with Ensure Training & Education, is offering online CAIB preparation courses.
Ensure Training brings the traditional facilitator-led classroom online, creating a more interactive – and effective – learning environment.
- Accessible: on PC or Mac, laptop or desktop computer, tablet or iPad, iPhone or Android Phone.
- Education-Based Courses: Lessons are scaffolded to ensure student understanding rather than encouraging memorization.
- Live Student Support: Facilitators can address questions live in the virtual classroom and can identify where students are struggling and provide the needed support during and after the class.
- LMS Online Environment: Students have the independent freedom to use the multitude of study materials provided, depending on how the student learns best: chats, flashcards, quizzes, activities, and more.
- Pass Guarantee: if you take Ensure Training’s course and fail the final exam you can take the next sitting of the same course free of charge.
Textbook – $400 (Member Price – $200)
Ensure Training Course – $600
Exam – $450
CAIB Textbooks & Exam:
Please note that you will need a copy of the most current textbook. If you need to order a textbook you can do so by using the Textbook Order Form.
You are free to write the exam when you feel confident with the material. When you are ready, you can contact the IBAS office or click here for more information on the exam registration process.
Schedule – This is a regular course which runs one weeknight per week. Each class is 2.5 hours long with two coffee breaks. Questions can be asked anytime during the class!
Note: Any course may be cancelled if registration is not sufficient. The minimum requirement is 5 registrants per course.
CAIB 1 is for driven individuals who are interested in a career within the insurance industry and want to get their toes wet with an introduction to insurance concepts, and basics of fire insurance.
Date(s): Mondays starting Feb. 4 – Apr. 15, 2019 @ 6 p.m. CST (Due to DST the start time will change to 5 p.m. on Mar. 11)
CAIB 2 is for the insurance professional stepping into the world of Commercial Property Insurance covering topics such as underwriting commercial property insurance, crime insurance and business interruption insurance.
Date(s): Tuesdays starting Feb. 5 – Apr. 16, 2019 @ 6 p.m. CST (Due to DST the start time will change to 5 p.m. on Mar. 11)
CAIB 3 is for the insurance professional continuing their grasp of Commercial Property Insurance and focusing on exposure identification and the Canadian legal system as it relates to general liability.
Date(s): Wednesdays starting Feb. 6 – Apr. 17, 2019 @ 6 p.m. CST (Due to DST the start time will change to 5 p.m. on Mar. 11)
CAIB 4 is for the insurance professional interested in the leadership role of managing a brokerage, covering topics such as principles of management and organization and concerns of modern Canadian property.
Date(s): Thursdays starting Feb. 7 – Apr. 18, 2019 @ 6 p.m. CST (Due to DST the start time will change to 5 p.m. on Mar. 11)
NOTE: Start times will change to an hour later on Nov. 4 due to Daylight Saving Time.
* once registered Ensure Training will email you with your login information and further details.