Today’s students are acquiring skills and knowledge in ways that their predecessors never dreamed of. Technology is increasingly playing a big part in helping students learn – with tools that recognize and support their individual needs and preferences.
IBAS, in partnership with Ensure Training & Education, is offering online CAIB preparation courses.
Ensure Training brings the traditional facilitator-led classroom online, creating a more interactive – and effective – learning environment.
- Accessible: on PC or Mac, laptop or desktop computer, tablet or iPad, iPhone or Android Phone.
- Education-Based Courses: Lessons are scaffolded to ensure student understanding rather than encouraging memorization.
- Live Student Support: Facilitators can address questions live in the virtual classroom and can identify where students are struggling and provide the needed support during and after the class.
- LMS Online Environment: Students have the independent freedom to use the multitude of study materials provided, depending on how the student learns best: chats, flashcards, quizzes, activities, and more.
- Pass Guarantee: if you take Ensure Training’s course and fail the final exam you can take the next sitting of the same course free of charge. Students must take their exam within 30 days of completing their course. If you take the course and do not pass the final exam you can take the next sitting of the same course free of charge.
CAIB Textbooks & Exam:
It is required that you have the most current textbook with you during this course. If you need to order a textbook you can do so by using the Textbook Order Form. Once you feel confident with the material you are free to schedule your exam whenever you would like. However, IBAS does recommend scheduling the exam sooner rather then later after completing the preparation course. For more information on the exam registration process please click here or contact the IBAS office directly.
Textbook – $400 ($220 for members)
Full Preparation Course – $630
4 Month Flex – $367.50
Exam – $472.50
*Upcoming dates can be found on the registration form.
CAIB 1 is for driven individuals who are interested in a career within the insurance industry and want to get their toes wet with an introduction to insurance concepts, and basics of fire insurance.
CAIB 2 is for the insurance professional stepping into the world of Commercial Property Insurance covering topics such as underwriting commercial property insurance, crime insurance and business interruption insurance.
CAIB 3 is for the insurance professional continuing their grasp of Commercial Property Insurance and focusing on exposure identification and the Canadian legal system as it relates to general liability.
CAIB 4 is for the insurance professional interested in the leadership role of managing a brokerage, covering topics such as principles of management and organization and concerns of modern Canadian property.
Note: Each course runs for 2.5 hrs one night a week for 11 weeks. Questions can be asked anytime during and after the class. Start times can vary between 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. CST due to Daylight Saving Time (please review the registration form). The minimum requirement is 8 registrants per course. Any course may be cancelled if registration is not sufficient.
4 Month Flex:
This program offers 4 months of unlimited access to facilitator support via email, recorded classes, practice exams and additional resources for those that are unable to attend the full course.
Questions? Contact the IBAS Education/Professional Development Department by phone (306-525-5900) or by emailing email@example.com.