The inaugural Saskatchewan Summit of Young Insurance Professionals brings together brokers, underwriters, adjusters, and other insurance stakeholders from across the province in the emerging stages of their careers for a one-day forum focused on relationship-building, professional development, and best practices sharing.
This event is proudly hosted as a joint initiative between IBAS, the Saskatchewan Young Brokers Network, and Blue Goose Saskatchewan. Thank you to our sponsors:
Thursday, April 12, 2018
Sheraton Cavalier Hotel (612 Spadina Cres. E)
Registration begins at 10 a.m.
Program runs from 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Reception to follow, from 4:30 – 7 p.m.
This event is free to attend for any ‘young’ professional employed in Saskatchewan’s insurance industry (in age or at heart!), although there will be no specific age restriction. Lunch will be provided. Space is limited. Click here to reserve your seat!
10 – 10:30 a.m.: Registration
10:30 – 10:45 a.m.: Welcoming Remarks from Hosts & Sponsors
10:45 – 11:45 a.m.: Panel Discussion: Welcome to the Future: How Technology is Disrupting the Insurance Industry
- Brock Longworth, Operations Manager, Cornerstone Insurance
- Bob Mack, Manager, Customer eServices, SGI CANADA
- Scott Treasure, CEO, Treasures Insurance & President, Insurance Brokers Association of Canada
- Moderator: Jaycee Turtle, Branch Manager, Lakeview Insurance & Past President, Saskatchewan Young Brokers Network
11:45 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Networking Break
12 – 1 p.m.: Lunch & Keynote Presentation: Brand Yourself: Leveraging Social Media to Advance Your Business & Professional Goals
- Michaela Alexis, President, Grade A Digital & Global Social Media Influencer
1 – 1:15 p.m.: Networking Break
1:15 – 2 p.m.: Presentation: This Isn’t Your Grandparents’ Saskatchewan: Your Role in the Growth & Change of our Province
- Tyler Willox, Strategic Advisor, Corporate Development, Information Services Corporation & 131st Chair of the Regina & District Chamber of Commerce (CBC Future 40 Recipient in 2017)
2 – 3 p.m.: Panel Discussion: The Times They Are A Changin’: What You Need to Know About Saskatchewan’s New-Look Insurance Landscape
- Brennan Mills, Partner, Saskatoon Fire & Flood
- Darren Peters, Business Development Manager, Wawanesa Insurance
- Tracy Rogoza, Executive Vice President, Knight Archer Insurance
- Moderator: Jayne Schwandt, Partner, Hoffman Kool Insurance
3 – 3:15 p.m.: Networking Break
3:15 – 4:15 p.m.: Presentation: Lessons to Lead: Leadership Tips to Generate Real Value for Your Career & Employer
- Cole Thorpe, Founder, Prairie Proud
- Jacqueline Gallagher, Vice President & Managing Partner, Saskatchewan & B.C., David Aplin Group
4:15 – 4:30 p.m.: Closing Remarks
4:30 – 7 p.m.: 2018 Summit Reception, Sponsored by SGI CANADA (6Twelve Lounge in the Sheraton Cavalier)
- Musical Entertainment by Scott Pettigrew & Keiran Semple
- Attendees Welcome to Stay & Socialize Beyond 7 p.m.