A capacity crowd of more than 100 insurance brokers, insurer representatives, policymakers, and industry stakeholders converged on Regina May 15 for the 2018 IBAS Industry Dinner, presented by MNP. Former Premier of Manitoba and Canada’s 23rd Ambassador to the United States, Gary Doer, delivered the keynote address, focusing on the state of cross-border trade. Premier Scott Moe, meanwhile, brought greetings on behalf of the Government of Saskatchewan and his several cabinet colleagues in attendance.
Registration is now open for the 2018 IBAS Golf Tournament, Tuesday, June 19, at the Willows Golf & Country Club in Saskatoon. Click here to learn more or to reserve your spot.
At its March meeting, the IBAS board of directors approved the creation of a special Extended Auto Advisory Committee to inform and guide the association’s services and advocacy activities related to the future of extended auto insurance in Saskatchewan.
Specifically, the committee will be tasked with providing recommendations on policy positions directly related to:
- Increasing the uptake of Saskatchewan drivers with liability coverage greater than $200,000;
- Deductibles, liability limits, coverages, and transaction processes of basic plate insurance;
- The establishment of ‘ideal’ benchmarks and standards for automotive insurance coverage; and
- The availability and adequacy of extended auto coverages.
The committee will also be asked to help steer the direction of other IBAS initiatives to support the advancement of the association’s policy positions, including but not limited to:
- Technology tools and partnerships;
- Public and industry promotion;
- Communications; and
We are still looking for 3-5 additional brokers to volunteer to join this important committee. At least two individuals must be from outside Regina and Saskatchewan. For more information, or to express interest, please contact IBAS CEO Derek Lothian at email@example.com.