Group Benefits Program
IBAS has partnered with Independent Financial Services to offer its members access to two specially negotiated programs. For more information on either, or to obtain your free quote, contact George Clark at 306-244-7385 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Underwritten by Saskatchewan Blue Cross, this program gives members of all sizes an opportunity to provide exceptional group insurance coverage to their employees at affordable rates. Coverage options include:
- Basic, dependent, and optional life insurance;
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance;
- Long- and short-term disability insurance;
- Extended heath care benefits;
- Prescription drug benefits;
- Vision care benefits;
- Basic dental care benefits; and
- Critical illness benefits.
A group RRSP is essentially a collection of individual RRSPs, where employees make contributions through payroll deductions. Employees realize instant tax savings, because the contribution is deducted from earnings before tax is calculated.
Employer contributions cannot exceed the individual's personal limit and are:
- A taxable benefit, subject to payroll taxes;
- Completely voluntary;
- Vested immediately;
- Not locked-in; and
- A deductible expense for the employer.
There are no setup costs and spousal plans are available. Plans can also be voluntary, where only the employee contributes.
- Spousal plans are available
- There are no set up costs
- Plans can be voluntary (only the employee contributes)
This program is administered on behalf of IBAS by Independent Financial Services. With a broad line-up of domestic and foreign funds across all asset classes, Mackenzie Investments is the investment manager and record-keeper for all program RRSPs. Mackenzie Financial Corporation is an integrated financial services company, operating directly in Canada. Mackenzie currently offers 100-plus investment funds and manages more than $60 billion for more than a million investors.