The IBAS Restricted Auto Course is a two-part program designed to allow individuals to sell automobile insurance in Saskatchewan (except for vehicles used commercially). To obtain a Restricted Auto licence, students must complete the:
- IBAS Auto Part 1 (Basic) course or the SGI New Issuer Training program;
- IBAS Auto Part 2 (Extension) course; and
- GICS Auto Bylaws exam.
Students can prepare to write a Restricted Auto exam at any time of the year by downloading the necessary study material(s) free of charge:
Thanks to a new, three-year pilot program launched in partnership with SGI CANADA on June 1, 2023, Restricted Auto exam fees are now waived for IBAS member employees. Non-members are subject to an exam fee of $275 (plus tax) per module.
Course & Exam Registration Process
- Step 1: Register for the course below.
- Step 2: Once you have registered, it will appear in your IBAS account under My Courses.
- Step 3: On the My Courses page, you will be able to register and pay for the online exam.
|Available Now||Self-Study - Auto Part 1 Basic|
|Available Now||Self-Study - Auto Part 2 Extension|
The IBAS Auto Part 1 (Basic) exam consists of 20 true or false questions and 20 multiple choice questions, while the IBAS Auto Part 2 (Extension) exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions. The pass mark required for both exams is 70%.