Insurance brokers are woven into the very social and economic fabric of Saskatchewan. They are the heartbeat of our communities, large and small: Champions for civic engagement, generous supporters of local causes, and compassionate business leaders, who go the extra mile to provide their neighbours with an unparalleled level of service and support. As an industry, it is imperative we celebrate these positive impacts.
That is why, in 2019, IBAS — in partnership with Saskatchewan Blue Cross — established the annual Community Leadership Award, recognizing brokers who have gone above and beyond to make a difference in their respective communities. We are proud to spotlight these exemplary contributions as an intrinsic part of the broker identity.
Help us recognize one deserving broker or brokerage during this difficult 'year of COVID.' Take a couple short minutes and submit a nomination today!
2021 Nominations Now Open
We're doing things a bit differently this year.
In 2021, for the first time, IBAS and Saskatchewan Blue Cross are committing a joint $5,000 donation to the charity, not-for-profit, or community initiative of the winner's choice.
All individuals who submit a nomination will also be entered into a draw to win a $250 gift card to a locally owned business selected by the nominator.
Submit Your Nomination
- Nominations close at 5 p.m. on Friday, August 13.
- You may nominate either an IBAS member brokerage or an individual broker.
- Using our quick online nomination form, you will be asked to explain in 300 words or less why your nominee deserves to be recognized with this award and the accompanying $5,000 donation on their behalf.
- Self-nominations are welcomed and encouraged.
- There is no limit to the number of nominations you may submit.
- Anyone may submit a nomination. You do not need to be an insurance broker to do so.
It's that easy! The independent selection committee will be then present the recipient with the award at a special luncheon to be held at the 2021 IBAS Convention & AGM. The nominator's draw will be held on Monday, August 16, and the winner will be notified by e-mail.
Dusyk & Barlow Insurance Brokers (Regina)
Jennifer Spitzig, Lakeview Insurance Brokers (Martensville)
Scott Gilbert, Gilbert Agencies (Unity)
Henderson Insurance (Moose Jaw & Regina)
A special thank you to our Presenting Partner: