Province: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Position: Senior Account Executive
Deadline: January 30, 2023
Posted: January 3, 2023
Job Description / Duties
Saskatchewan Blue Cross®, one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, is currently recruiting for a full-time permanent Senior Account Executive, in the Group Sales Department. This position offers the flexibility to work in office or participate in hybrid options based out of our Saskatoon office.
If you share our values, have a passion for delivering sales results and exceptional client experiences, thrive in a fast-paced environment, see solutions and possibilities, and are driven by organizations making a positive and lasting impact, then we’re looking for you! Reporting directly to the AVP, Sales, the Senior Account Executive works with and services direct clients, brokers, consultants, Managing General Agents (MGAs), Third-Party Administrators (TPAs), and internal stakeholders to drive growth, deliver exceptional client experiences, and strengthen our brand across the province. The Senior Account Executive is responsible for driving new growth and renewing clients with an exceptional focus on exemplary relationships and service provision, the delivery of high-caliber proposals, presentations, and interim financial reports, while driving profitable growth and expanded share of wallet.
The successful candidate will bring a growth and service mindset, extensive working knowledge of the group benefits landscape, a track record for delivering results, and a demonstrated history of bringing market insight, industry trends, client and partner feedback to the organization to drive growth and enable change. They will have a partnership mindset, and strong ability to foster effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of an organization. They are numbers driven, relationship and experience focused, collaborative, detail oriented, inspirational, and an adept negotiator.
The Senior Account Executive will passionately exude the organization’s mission, vision and values, taking a Member First approach to manage and exceed the needs of Group clients to enable them to deliver upon business growth plans and strategic sales objectives. They will be internal change champions to drive strong business outcomes. They will produce exceptional client solutions and drive growth, while inspiring and delivering exceptional client experiences.
The successful candidate must be highly motivated, have an aptitude for sales, and have Group benefits experience.
WHY CHOOSE SASKATCHEWAN BLUE CROSS?
We’re driven by a mission to empower communities on their journey to whole health and wellness, and have a lot of exciting things ahead of us. We’re improving our members’ experiences through investment in our people, technology, services and products. When you join our team, you’re joining an organization where employees are valued, recognized for their contributions and empowered to make us stronger. The wellbeing of our employees, our members, our partners and our communities is at the heart of our operations.
Our industry is evolving fast, and so are we! We’re looking for people who:
• Share our values
• Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
• Collaborate and always set others up for success
• Build positive relationships and an understanding of what Company and Employee’s needs are
• See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
• Are simply outstanding at what they do
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Develop new business by identifying mid-market and large provincial and national group clients, and developing strategies to drive new growth, support the achievement of the annual sales goals, ensure continued business success, and enhance our value proposition and differentiation in the marketplace – including managing and maintaining a robust strategic target list to ensure a strong pipeline
• Establish healthy and enduring relationships with existing and prospective clients, brokers, MGAs, TPAs, Consultants, and internal Saskatchewan Blue Cross teams
• Work collaboratively with existing and potential clients to understand their business, and develop solutions that meets their needs, improve experiences, drive efficiency, and increase profitability
• Develop and implement strategies to support relationship growth and retention, identify and implement positive solutions in response to external service inquiries and needs, and ensure each client’s plan objectives are consistently met
• Analyze reports, statistics, market and financial information relating to plan renewals, proposals, and new opportunities to support the attainment of personal targets, departmental goals, and priorities identified
• Act as a subject matter expert and resource on market dynamics to clients, brokers, MGAs, TPAs, Consultants, and Saskatchewan Blue Cross teams to promote service capabilities, recommend changes and additions, explain sales strategies, concepts, product offerings, and benefit contracts
• Coordinate and present proposals, presentations, quarterly financial and performance results, and annual customized renewal benefit presentations that clearly define a strong value proposition – including negotiating appropriate plan design and pricing, and maintaining agreements with clients
• Work in concert with the Client Experience Center to provide superior service and to identify and assess opportunities to enhance experiences – including ensuring timely follow up and resolution of client issues and initiatives
• Provide assistance to sales team for escalated or complex product inquiries and service needs to ensure client and broker/consultant satisfaction
• Act as a brand champion, regularly engaging in opportunities to promote Saskatchewan Blue Cross Group products and services - including active participation at community and client events, trade shows, conventions, public functions, and special corporate functions
• Develop and remain current with product and industry knowledge and insights and share this rich knowledge with your colleagues, supporting the growth and development of the Group Sales team
• Liaise with the Client Experience Center and Group Underwriting Departments to provide them with accurate information to determine appropriate rating and plan designs, along with positive client relationships; maintain positive and effective relationships with all internal Saskatchewan Blue Cross stakeholders to ensure organizational goals and priorities are met
• Ensure timely and meticulous maintenance of account files, consistently documenting broker, consultant, TPA, MGA, and client discussions/meetings within the Saskatchewan Blue Cross CRM and ancillary systems, and processes to ensure effective and accurate data exchange on all prospective and existing client relationships
• Comply with corporate governance with regard to all organizational processes and controls, privacy, contracts and all financial transactions
• Participate in other special projects and duties, as assigned
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business, Sales & Marketing, or a related field
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience with the insurance or health care industry and a minimum of 5 years’ relevant sales experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Life Insurance License (LLQP) in Saskatchewan is required, and must be committed to continuous learning, the desire to enroll in industry training and to maintaining the educational requirements of the Life License. New licensees will be subject to supervision requirements, as outlined by the Insurance Council of Saskatchewan
• CEBS Group Benefits Associate (GBA) designation preferred
• Must be service oriented, responsive to our client and company values and demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach that is flexible and adaptable to change
• Proven track record in developing, growing and managing sales accounts
• A highly motivated, and goal-oriented leader with the ability to work successfully in a team environment, and to act quickly to make well informed decisions
• Exceptional relationship building, active listening and interpersonal skills, paired with strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrates a high level of personal accountability and professionalism
• Organized, analytical thinker with a mathematical aptitude
• Proven ability and desire to learn and identify innovative sales and service opportunities and techniques
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations
• Strong computer skills, with demonstrated proficiency in CRM and the Microsoft suite of products, including Word, Excel and Power Point with the ability to easily learn new programs
• Must maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s license and be insurable through the company’s auto insurance provider
• Must be willing to travel, work remotely and outside regular business hours
• The successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check. Security clearance will be required to complete licensing requirements
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on an unrestricted basis
How to apply information: Apply on our company website at: https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/SAS5000SKBC/JobBoard/ca16fca0-a89e-40d6-a159-7538bb324182/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=82289d03-9fae-43cc-9301-42103d1aff1b
For more than 75 years, Saskatchewan Blue Cross® has been committed to delivering exceptional health and wellness benefits, travel insurance and life insurance solutions to Saskatchewan residents and employers. Founded in 1946, we’ve grown to employ more than 250 people through local offices in both Regina and Saskatoon, we invest meaningfully in communities across our province, and we work with you to ensure you have the peace of mind you need when it comes to your health, wellness and travel insurance needs.
We’re a locally based not-for-profit organization, recognized as one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, one of the Top 100 Companies in Saskatchewan, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Brands (as part of the Canadian Association of Blue Cross® Plans).
Every day, our team provides exceptional service to more than 130,000 members driven by:
A Mission: to empower communities on their journey to whole health and wellness. A Vision: for a future of lifelong health and wellbeing for every person in Saskatchewan. And Values that form the foundation of who we are: Empathy, Ambitious, Dependable, Flexible & Disciplined, and Build Community.