Residential Plumbing & Electrical – An Insurance Perspective Webinar
February 13, 2024, 2:00 - 4:15 PM
Everything has a shelf life, even houses. As a dwelling ages, so do plumbing and electrical systems. Many insurers will not provide or renew coverage on older dwellings unless these critical components are updated - and clients will want to know why.
Following this webinar participants will understand the exposures to loss presented by older plumbing & electrical systems and be able to explain the insurance concerns associated with these critical components including:
- Residential water lines (old and new);
- Sump pumps and back-up valves;
- Aluminum wiring and the reasons why it can present a fire hazard;
- How knob & tube wiring differs from modern day wiring and why it must be updated; and
- Potential issues when a home has only a 60-amp electrical panel.
This webinar is eligible for two (2) CE credits and is presented in partnership with the Insurance Brokers Association of Manitoba (IBAM).
Webinar login information will be e-mailed to registrants 24 hours in advance of the session.