2020 Saskatchewan Summit of Young Insurance Professionals
April 2, 2020
The third-annual Saskatchewan Summit of Young Insurance Professionals brings together brokers, carrier representatives, adjusters, and other industry stakeholders at similar, emerging stages of their careers for an interactive day of learning, best practices sharing, and discussion.
This is one of our most highly anticipated events of the year. Registration is absolutely free, but space is limited. IBAS members are eligible to receive four (4) CE credit hours for attending.
When & Where
Thursday, April 2, 2020
Sheraton Cavalier Hotel (Top of the Inn – 8th Floor)
Registration opens at 10:30 a.m.
Program runs from 11 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Reception to follow at the Cathedral Social Hall (next door) from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
The summit is ideally timed for out-of-town guests traveling in for the SGI CANADA Convention, which runs April 3 - 4 in Saskatoon.
Who should attend?
Any professional employed in Saskatchewan's insurance industry is welcome to take part. While there are no specific age restrictions to this event, content will be tailored to individuals who are under the age of 40 and/or are at the early stages of their insurance careers.
What should I wear?
Attendees are asked to wear red to show their support for STARS Air Ambulance — IBAS's 2020 Charity Partner. We will be raising money for our annual campaign at the event through a 50/50 and raffle with awesome prizes!
What is on the agenda?
10:30 – 11 a.m.: Registration Opens
11 – 11:15 a.m.: Welcome & Opening Remarks
11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: Panel Discussion: Women Leaders Charting the Future of Insurance
- Sarah Johnston, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, GMS
- Danah White, Vice President, Saskatchewan, HUB International
- Celyeste Power, Vice President – Western, Insurance Bureau of Canada
- Moderator: Nicole Sinclair, Director, Strategic Initiatives, HAL Insurance / Chair, IBAS Emerging Brokers Council
12:15 – 1:15 p.m.: Luncheon Keynote: Reconciliation & Indigenous Engagement in Saskatchewan
- Cadmus Delorme, Chief, Cowessess First Nation
1:15 – 1:30 p.m.: Networking Break
1:30 – 2:15 p.m.: Presentation: The Broker’s Role in Addressing Climate Change
- Blair Feltmate, Head, Intact Centre on Climate Adaptation, University of Waterloo
2:15 – 3 p.m.: Armchair Discussion: Technology & the Insurance Value Chain
- Catherine Smola, President & CEO, Centre of Study for Insurance Operations
- Moderator: Sheldon Wasylenko, General Manager, Rayner Agencies / Past President, IBAS
3 – 3:15 p.m.: Networking Break
3:15 – 4:15 p.m.: Presentation & Interactive Breakout Discussion: The Next-Generation Insurance Workforce
- Trevor Buttrum, Manager, Career Connections, Insurance Institute of Canada
4:15 – 4:30 p.m.: Prize Draws & Closing Remark
4:30 – 6:30 p.m.: Summit Networking Reception (Hosted next door at the Cathedral Social Hall)
A special thanks to our Presenting Partners: Wawanesa Insurance and SGI CANADA.