February 15, 2022, 9:30 - 11:45 AM
The legalization of Cannabis in Canada has opened up a number of insurance issues that brokers need to be aware of. During this webinar, participants will explore the new regulatory landscapes on all Government levels:
- Federal (production of marijuana, operation of motor vehicles, heavy equipment and machinery, assessment of the technical aspect)
- Provincial (sales and distribution of marijuana, understanding the patchwork rules, what is different provincially vs other jurisdictions) and
- Municipal (applicable by-laws, tax implications) level.
- Review of the exposures associated with possession and use of cannabis in the following contexts:
- Automobile liability – the coverage implications of legislation, state of technology for testing, roadside test pilot, new drug impaired offences
- Social and commercial host liability – cannabis-related impairment, development of common law negligence
- Personal lines underwriting – medical users and non-medical users, human rights considerations
- Commercial lines underwriting – commercial property underwriting and claims considerations
This webinar is eligible for two (2) CE credits, and is presented in partnership with the Insurance Brokers Association of Manitoba (IBAM).
Date & Time
Tuesday February 15, 2022
9:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
Note: Details on how to connect to the webinar will be sent to registrants' e-mails at least 24 hours prior to the start of the event.