Latest News > IBAS unveils its 2023 Emerging Brokers Council
The Insurance Brokers Association of Saskatchewan (IBAS) is proud to announce its appointees to the 2023 IBAS Emerging Brokers Council (EBC).
Established in 2019, the EBC is a member advisory committee under the oversight of the IBAS board of directors, tasked with executing a three-part mandate on behalf of the association:
- Ensure the unique perspectives of young and emerging insurance brokers are represented in IBAS activities, within IBAS policy directives, and at industry functions;
- Promote the insurance broker profession as a modern, rewarding, first-choice career; and
- Champion IBAS’s philanthropic engagement through the annual #BrokersCare charity campaign.
To be eligible to serve on the EBC, brokers must be either under the age of 40, or have spent five or fewer years as a licensed insurance broker at the time of initial appointment. Due to overwhelming interest, the EBC was expanded from eight members in 2022 to 14 members in 2023.
The 2023 EBC is comprised of:
- Co-Chair: Nicole Crump, Long Lake Insurance (Saskatoon);
- Co-Chair: Talsa Warken, Western Financial Group (Assiniboia);
- Vice Chair: Jessica Eberle, HUB International (Regina);
- Secretary: Brett Estey, Knight Archer Insurance (Regina);
- Amanda Kinequon, Block’s Agencies (Langham);
- Brittany Kashuba, Green Teal Insurance Brokers (Nokomis);
- Jazmine McCracken, LaRoche McDonald Agencies (Saskatoon);
- Jessica Yelland, Harvard Western Insurance (Regina);
- Jillian Pozniak, Rayner Agencies (Saskatoon);
- Kendrick Dusyk, Dusyk & Barlow Insurance Brokers (Regina);
- Levi Smith, Cornerstone Insurance (Prince Albert);
- Silken Kosolofski, Hoffmann Kool Insurance (Saskatoon);
- Stephen Hordos, Hordos Insurance Brokers (Regina Beach); and
- Veronica Crawford, Westland Insurance (North Battleford).
“Being a member of the EBC has brought me a new depth of insight into the industry,” says Co-Chair Talsa Warken. “The opportunity to collaborate with other brokers — provincially and nationally — provides me with an extensive understanding of the issues the industry faces. I am proud to advocate for Saskatchewan brokers, brokerages, and our customers, while giving back to local communities."
A special thank you to Wawanesa Insurance, which returns this year as the Annual Partner of the EBC.
If you have an interest in joining the EBC, or volunteering on the EBC’s #BrokersCare Campaign Committee, please contact IBAS President & CEO Derek Lothian at email@example.com.