Frequently Asked Questions > What services do insurance brokers provide?
Posted on January 3, 2023
Although insurance brokers are most well known for the sale of insurance policies, brokers may provide consumers a full suite of support and services, including:
- Pre-sale due diligence, such as assessing needs and obtaining quotes;
- Explaining terms, conditions, and premium changes (this may include comparing coverages offered by multiple insurers);
- Providing information on how to reduce or better manage risks;
- Conducting administrative follow-up, such as providing certificates of insurance;
- Providing advice and revisions at policy renewal or mid-term, as required (this could require amending policies as a result of material changes, such as the sale of an asset or relocation);
- Answering your questions — the vast majority of brokerages are well-established in the community, and insurance is their primary business; and
- Advocating insurance carriers and/or independent adjusters in times of loss to ensure customer claims are handled fairly and ethically.