At its annual general meeting (AGM) on Thursday, October 13, in Regina, members of the Insurance Brokers Association of Saskatchewan (IBAS) elected its board of directors for the 2022-23 fiscal year.
The board includes:
- Chair: Sarah Johnston, President & CEO, Johnston Insurance Services;
- Vice Chair: Scott Frizzell, Managing Director, Long Lake Insurance;
- Secretary-Treasurer: Jason Galon, Chief Operating Officer, HUB International;
- Past Chair: Dave Pettigrew, President & CEO, Harvard Western Insurance;
- Don Thompson, Executive Vice President, Insurance, Westland Insurance;
- Jaycee Turtle, Branch Manager, Lakeview Insurance;
- Morgan Kolababa, Commercial Lines Manager, Hoffmann Kool Insurance;
- Nicole Korpusik, Partner, Norquay Agencies; and
- Sarah Edwards, Partner, Bora Insurance Brokers.
Johnston becomes the 63rd head of the IBAS board, including the youngest in its 70-year history.
Turtle, meanwhile, was reappointed as Saskatchewan's representative on the board of the Insurance Brokers Association of Canada (IBAC), and Edwards assumed the role of observer to the IBAC board.
Nicole Crump of Westland Insurance continues to serve her 2022 term as chair of the IBAS Emerging Brokers Council and observer to the IBAS board.
At the AGM, members also elected IBAS's appointees to the General Insurance Council of Saskatchewan (GICS). The 2023 appointees are:
- Cal Martin, Owner, Coronach Agencies;
- Dave Nussbaumer, Partner, Lakeview Insurance Brokers;
- Donna Lehmann, Regional Sales Manager, Westland Insurance; and
- Keith Izsak, Branch Manager, Affinity Insurance.
Congratulations to those elected; and thank you for your continued dedication and service to IBAS and its membership.