Based on expressions of interest fielded from members, the IBAS board of directors has appointed the association’s Emerging Brokers Council (EBC) for the 2022 calendar year:
- Chair: Nicole Crump, Affinity Insurance;
- Vice Chair: Talsa Warken, Western Financial Group;
- Amanda Kinequon, Long Lake Insurance;
- Brett Estey, Knight Archer Insurance;
- Catlyn Wonsul, Dusyk & Barlow Insurance Brokers;
- Kayla Brown, Harvard Western Insurance;
- Jessica Williams, HUB International;
- Jessica Yelland, Harvard Western Insurance; and
- Reece Ricard, Kelly Insurance Brokers.
The EBC’s mandate is segmented into three equally important directives:
- Ensure the unique perspectives of young and emerging insurance brokers are represented in IBAS activities, within IBAS policy directives, and at industry functions;
- Promote the insurance broker profession as a modern, rewarding, first-choice career; and
- Champion association-wide fundraising activities in support of IBAS’s annual #BrokersCare Campaign.
A special thank you to our outgoing EBC members: Justin Kozakevich of Trustmark Insurance, Michelle Venne of Hordos Insurance Brokers, and Jenna Dusyk of Dusyk & Barlow Insurance Brokers, who served as chair during 2021.
If you have an interest in joining the EBC, please contact IBAS’s Nicole Sinclair at firstname.lastname@example.org.